Create accessible PDFs with Adobe InDesign and Acrobat
Learn to create accessible PDFs with InDesign, then proof, validate and troubleshoot with Acrobat Pro
C2 will take you through the entire design and testing process for creating accessible PDFs to meet today’s compliance standards. This class emphasizes the best design practices in addition to learning the accessibility tools built into Adobe InDesign to give you a head-start on accessibility. InDesign does not have any troubleshooting features so students will learn to test, validate and repair PDFs using Adobe Acrobat Pro.
We will follow all industry-standard compliance guidelines and Adobe’s recommendations in this class but please note Acrobat Pro’s accessibility validator does not test strictly against the US government’s Section 508 standards, the Acrobat validator is based on ISO 14289 and PDF/UA standards. In most organizations meeting the PDF/UA/ISO 14289 standards is considered as close to Section 508 and ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance as PDFs are currently capable of, but please check with your legal department to determine what your organization requires for an “accessibility compliant” document.
Who should attend this class?
This class is for InDesign users who need to create accessibility-compliant PDFs.
A basic understanding of InDesign is highly recommended. If you have any questions about which class is right for you, contact us by email, phone or use our contact form.
- 6 hours of hands on training in a one-day class
- 100% custom training content exclusive to C2
- screencast of class
- 1 year of email tech support
- 1 year free retake policy
- 100% Satisfaction guarantee
Class Outline by Topic
- What does it mean to be “accessibility compliant”?
- Accessibility specifications and Acrobat’s built-in validators
- InDesign Accessibility features reviewed and compared
- Acrobat Accessibility features reviewed and compared
- Designing for Accessibility – don’t tack it on at the end, plan for it early
- Changing your InDesign workflow to bake-in accessibility
- Tagging your content with meaning
- Structuring your content with hierarchy in mind
- The importance of headings as structural markers
- The round-trip editing process between InDesign and Acrobat
- Solving the errors revealed by the Acrobat validator
- Other tools, resources and workflow options to consider
Upcoming Class Dates
Pick your own class dates!
Schedule this class on dates that work for you.
Love C2 Training! I always walk away with great ideas.
I am rusty and needed to be brought back up to speed. Feel refreshed and learned many basics that I didn’t know I needed!
Well organized and gave practical examples that I can apply to my work.