Final Cut Pro X Foundations Class
Learn to create compelling, professional quality videos with C2’s two-day introduction to Final Cut Pro X
Students will master the Final Cut interface and editing environment, importing organizing and adding metadata to manage projects, and editing in Final Cut’s incredibly efficient magnetic timeline. Students will be introduced to effects, transitions, titles, captions and graphics to add a professional edge to their videos. Visuals are only half of a compelling video — this class pays attention to the importance of audio (and, considering modern social media, how to caption and title videos where we expect audio to be turned off).
Who should attend this class?
This class is for anyone who wants to create great videos as efficiently as possible.
Basic computer experience and the desire to learn video editing
- 9am to 4pm both days
- Hands-on instruction
- In-classroom Instructor
- Course includes USB 3 flash drive with C2’s exclusive exercises and videos
- 1 year of email tech support
- 1 year free retake policy
Class Outline by Topic
– Libraries, projects, events and clips
– Intro to the Final Cut interface
– Importing, saving and exporting basics
– Skimming and searching clips in the browser
– Previewing clips in the viewer
– Getting details from the Inspector
– Trimming clips in the browser
– Favoriting to keep track of best moments
– Assembling and editing on the magnetic timeline
– Versioning events with “Duplicate” and “Snapshot”
– Making the rough cut first – Primary Storyline
– Append and Insert Editing
– Replace and slip edits
– Rolling trims
– Ripple edits
– Basic titling
– Introduction to transitions and effects
– Incorporating and animating still photos with video
– Adding music bed
– Editing to a beat
– Picture in a picture effect
– Text callouts and graphics
– Split screen effects
– chroma key / green/blue screening
Upcoming Class Dates
Pick your own class dates!
Schedule this class on dates that work for you.
Helpful information and shortcuts I wish I would have learned years ago!
The topics presented were very helpful for future projects that I will be working on. I learned some new tips and tricks to do my work more effectively
Great prep for the class ahead of time. Covered topics requested in a timely manner.