Final Cut Pro X Foundations Class
Learn to create compelling, professional quality videos with C2’s two-day introduction to Final Cut Pro X
Learn to use Final Cut’s incredibly efficient magnetic timeline to edit video in a snap. Students enrolled in this class will learn to:
- Edit video and audio to tell a coherent, interesting story that captures the viewer’s attention
- Quickly create alternate versions of a story
- Find the best moments in a sea of footage and mark them with metadata for easy assembly
- Work with green screen footage
- Add effects and transitions (in a professional, appropriate manner)
- Create and animate titles
- Caption for accessibility and social media
- Export videos for social media, the web, DVD and broadcast.
Who should attend this class?
This class is for anyone who wants to create great videos as efficiently as possible.
- 9am to 4pm both days
- Hands-on instruction
- In-classroom Instructor
- Course includes USB 3 flash drive with C2’s exclusive exercises and videos
- 1 year of email tech support
- 1 year free retake policy
Class Outline by Topic
– Intro to the Final Cut interface
– Importing, saving and exporting basics
– Skimming and searching clips in the browser
– Previewing clips in the viewer
– Getting details from the Inspector
– Trimming clips in the browser
– Favoriting to keep track of best moments
– Assembling and editing on the magnetic timeline
– Versioning events with “Duplicate” and “Snapshot”
– Making the rough cut first – Primary Storyline
– Append and Insert Editing
– Replace and slip edits
– Rolling trims
– Ripple edits
– Basic titling
– Introduction to transitions and effects
– Incorporating and animating still photos with video
– Adding music bed
– Editing to a beat
– Picture in a picture effect
– Text callouts and graphics
– Split screen effects
– chroma key / green/blue screening
Upcoming Class Dates
Pick your own class dates!
Schedule this class on dates that work for you.
Helpful information and shortcuts I wish I would have learned years ago!
The topics presented were very helpful for future projects that I will be working on. I learned some new tips and tricks to do my work more effectively
Great prep for the class ahead of time. Covered topics requested in a timely manner.