The Milwaukee Portfolio School
The Milwaukee Portfolio School picks up where college leaves off and eases the frustration of creative directors stuck with graduates who lack the specific skills needed to work in advertising. Here, students learn to concept like agency pros, discover what job-winning portfolios look like and spend time with award-winning creatives. All of this and more in a six-week program that costs about half as much as just one college course hour.
Sessions are held fall, winter and summer with classes every Monday and Wednesday between 6 and 8pm at C2 Graphics Productivity Solutions in Milwaukee’s Fifth Ward.
Our Summer 2017 session runs from June 12th to July 26th (No classes the week of July 4th). Classes are every Monday and Wednesday between 6 and 8pm at C2 Graphics Productivity Solutions, 700 W Virginia St Suite 602 Milwaukee, WI 53204. Our partnership with C2 affords you access to the very latest Mac equipment and a staff well versed in Adobe software.
Classes are open to anyone who desires to get a job as an art director or copywriter. Undergrad, grad or working stiff. The fee for a six-week session is $1000 and includes a course book, an Adworker’s membership and Adobe software instruction. Class sizes are capped at a maximum of 12 students per session and admissions close one week prior to the first class.
Class Outline by Week
- Week 1 Orientation, thinking exercises, agency structure and strategy lecture, case study presentation.
- Week 2 Portfolio reviews, portfolio construction lecture, thinking exercises.
- Week 3 Advertising techniques lecture, main campaign assigned, mystery project.
- Week 4 Ad agency guest lecture, campaign work, individual work, mystery project.
- Week 5 Mystery project, campaign work, individual progress meeting with instructors, help from InDesign and Photoshop experts.
- Week 6 Best practices for presenting lecture, campaign work, help from InDesign and Photoshop experts, present main campaign, party.
When checking out please choose “pay by invoice” instead of “pay with credit card”. You will be emailed an invoice that you can then pay by check or credit card online. Thank you.
Sign up for Summer 2017 Class (June 12th thru July 26th)
“Both instructors are highly versed, educated and expereinced in advertising and I took their criticism, feedback and opinions very seriously. I have been blessed to work with them.”
“Having one instructor from the writing side and one from art is perfect. It allows writers to think visually and art directors to understand the importance of copy.”