One-day online training session covering the Figma design tool for creators with some existing UI/UX experience
Figma is a web-based design and prototyping tool that is commonly used for creating user interfaces (UI) and user experiences (UX) for websites, mobile apps, and other digital products. It offers a collaborative platform where multiple users can work simultaneously on the same design project in real-time, making it a popular choice for design teams and remote collaboration. Here are some of the key features and functions of Figma:
- Vector Editing: Figma provides robust vector editing tools, allowing designers to create and edit shapes, icons, and illustrations with precision.
- Responsive Design: Designers can create responsive designs by designing components and layouts that adapt to different screen sizes and orientations.
- Prototyping: Figma allows you to create interactive prototypes by linking different frames or screens together. This helps in simulating user interactions and flows.
- Collaboration: Multiple users can work on the same design file simultaneously. Real-time collaboration features make it easy for designers and stakeholders to provide feedback and make changes together.
- Version History: Figma maintains a version history of your design files, making it easy to track changes and revert to previous versions if needed.
- Components and Libraries: Figma supports the creation of reusable design components and libraries. This helps maintain design consistency and efficiency.
- Handoff to Developers: Designers can use Figma to generate design specs, CSS, and assets that can be handed off to developers for implementation.
- Plugins: Figma has a growing ecosystem of plugins that can extend its functionality and streamline various design tasks.
- Cloud-Based: Figma is entirely cloud-based, which means there’s no need to download or install software. Designs are stored in the cloud and can be accessed from any device with an internet connection.
- Security: Figma offers features to control access and permissions, ensuring that only authorized users can view or edit design files.
This online session requires that students have at least a Figma Professional subscription (training on the free version of Figma is available upon request).This class is held via Zoom, students must have the free Zoom application installed on their computer, laptop or tablet. If possible, installing Zoom on a second monitor/computer to display the instructors screen while the student works on their own screen would be advantageous.